background

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Christmas... Better late than Never!!

So, I realize I'm not very good at this whole blogging thing... It's almost February and I am just barely posting our Christmas photos... but my motto in regards to the blog is "better late than never!" So here are a few of our Christmas photos...

I've always been a firm believer that having children around at Christmas time is absolutely the best. They get so excited about every little thing and just make the Holiday Spirit that much better! This year we were able to share in this experience with our two little boys for their FIRST Christmas! I was so excited! The boys were still too young to even realize what was going on, but they loved the attention and especially the boxes and wrapping paper!


Carter (above) and Corbin (below) absolutely LoVeD the toy riding cars that 'Santa' and Grandma Pickle gave to them! The cars have songs that they play and Carter loves to just sit on it and hit the buttons to make the music play and then bounce up and down to the music... can I say adorable!?!

Even though we have two of the riding cars, the boys always fight over which ever one the other one has! Maybe one day they will learn to share (sigh!)

The boys had been playing with this set of toys before it was wrapped for Christmas, so they knew just what to do with it! It is a set of musical instruments... piano, drums, etc.

It was so much fun helping the boys open all of their presents! Steve and I said we weren't going to spoil them this year, but lets face it... they were SPOILED!!

Corbin being SO cute with his little bow in his hair!
We put the bow in Corbin's hair when he first started opening his present, and he left it on the entire time!

This is Christmas Eve at my aunt Kalee's house. The boys had so much fun playing with their cousins and getting into everything! They were far too busy to sit and get their picture taken with mom! :)

This Christmas I wanted to do something special for Steve. I felt like this year has been a very difficult, challenging, exciting and scary year and he has been AMAZING through it all! So, I decided to do the "12 Days of Christmas" for him to show him in a small way just how much I LOVE him and how much he means to me and the boys. I wanted to incorporate the boys as much as I could, so for the 2nd day, the boys painted him a picture and we 'signed' each painting with their hand print. I hope that he liked it as much as I did!

I love these two pictures of the boys 'finger painting' for their first time. It was more of a whole body painting than it was finger painting, but they LOVED it!

Corbin looks so PROUD in this picture!

This scene rarely plays out around our house... My two little boys don't really like to cuddle, and getting them to fall asleep when you are holding them is near impossible! (This is great when you just want them to go to sleep in their crib, but not so great when we are at church and they just want to be left alone and not be held in order to fall asleep!) So, here is a rare but very precious moment of Steve and Carter sleeping at the Condo in Park City.

Family photo... This was too perfect... while shopping at the outlet malls in Park City, my mom and I found this great deal on these little teddy bear outdoor suits and when we got back to the Condo, it started snowing, so we couldn't resist and we dressed the boys all up and had to have a little photo shoot in the snow... like I said... 'Too perfect!' Also, this was the boys' first time in the snow!

Here Steve is on 'daddy duty' up at the Condo... The boys are getting so much easier to feed their bottles to. It used to take us FOREVER to feed each of them their bottles, but now it takes only a few minutes and most of the time Corbin will hold his own and if we're lucky Carter will hold his too! Too bad eating solids is still a disaster! Oh well... it's a work in progress!

And finally... Carter and Corbin's first time meeting Santa Claus! The boys weren't very interested in him, but they weren't scared either so, all-in-all it was a good outcome!

1 comment:

  1. I love all of these pictures!!! The boys are getting so big and so dang cute! Also, I love the picture on your header. And . . . cute hat. :)

    ReplyDelete